Sunday, November 30, 2008

Quirky BYU humor

Okay, this needs a little background info:

Every year during the week of the BYU/UofU rivalry football game, campus security is tightened and the area is prank-proofed. I always look forward to seeing all of the statues on campus saran-wrapped to deter any vandalism. (There's something odd about walking by Brigham Young covered in plastic... I bet the U of U students get a kick out of us doing this just to avoid some statue-related prank...)

So as I was walking through campus one day, I came across the family statue of a mom and dad holding hands with a little girl. (Touching, I know...) Of course, the statue was covered in plastic wrap, but this time someone had taped a sign to them, like so:

(The sign reads, of course, "Sealed for Time and All Eternity")

I love those BYU students that find a way to make life on campus a little less monotonous...

No comments: