Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shakespeare in the Park

Every year there is a free Shakespeare play in Central Park. There are always big stars in the shows and the tickets are handed out the day of, meaning super long lines. Tickets are distributed at 1 and so Wednesday I got to the park just before 9 am. The line was already over a half mile long and there was little hope of getting tickets. We were determined to see the show, so the next day I got there before 7. The line was long even then, but I was close enough to be guaranteed tickets. All that was left was to wait and wait and then wait some more. I endured boredom and rain storms, but was successful! 6+hours= 2 tickets to Twelfth Night staring Anne Hathaway and Audra McDonald.

We didn't have the best seats, but it was still an amazing show! Yay for live theater!
You can't take pictures in the theater, so this is view from the back. We were sitting on the upper right side.

2 comments:

Sean and Jennie said...

It seems like such a different world to be in NYC! It looks like you are having fun. I am excited that you are moving back to Utah, you should for sure stop by! Are you guys moving back to Provo or Salt Lake, it would be cool to be in the same ward.

Erica said...

We went to that as well! It was awesome! The only difference is that we (my mother-in-law and I) had to get there at 4:30 in the morning to get tickets!