Sunday, October 3, 2010

Now I just need a place to commute to...

I've been working part time at the University of Utah for the past few months as I search for a full-time job. Last Earth Day around the student union building where I work there were some activities and booths set up dealing with ways to be a better citizen of Earth and stuff like that. Coca-Cola had a table promoting their "Live Positively" campaign where they were giving out t-shirts. I walked by and they handed me a shirt along with a scratch-off card for a bike giveaway.

Now, I'm a sucker for free stuff and easily-entered contests. So I scratched off the card, entered the code online, and practically forgot about it. Then almost two months ago I received an email telling me that I was "a potential winner" in the Coca-Cola Give It Back College Sweepstakes. After sending back a signed and notarized affidavit I received another email letting me know that my prize was on it's way.

A couple weeks ago I got the call: my prize was waiting for me at the local REI. I won a limited edition, Coca-Cola red, 8-speed Dahon folding bike. Yes, you read that right-- it folds. (See below.)




I've taken it out for a few rides and it's pretty cool. I hadn't heard of the brand before, but Dahon makes high-quality folding road and mountain bikes. It's pretty amazing how they can make a full-functioning bike that can fold down so it's easily carry-able and store-able.

Now I just need a nice place downtown to ride my bike to every day...

2 comments:

Jess said...

That's pretty much awesome.

SAYDA said...

That is so cool Scott. You should have played the lottery too and given me a million dollars when you won. Congratulations! Love ya!!!